2011/04/18

Coming Unstuck, Academically Speaking

So, I recruited a housemate to join me on a trek to my prospective Uni, and schlepped a pile of transcripts and associated paperwork to the counseling office on Friday.

We talked over my academic work, and I came away feeling like I have a good shot at actually becoming a student there this fall.

...

Which let loose a logjam inside me that I didn't quite know was there, holding in a lot of academic excitement and glee about being a college student again. We wandered around the library and student union and bookstore, and the whole time I felt this great glee-bubble swelling in my chest.

By the time I woke up and logged in the next morning, I was furiously investigating graduate programs so as to better know how to wind up there in a year or two. I can't stop thinking about it, now - about good grades and dean's lists and awesome opportunities that can be mine.

I have a short list of grad schools to apply to. I have never done that before, I've always just taken a guess at who I thought would accept me and applied to that one place. If everything goes according to plan in the next two weeks, a whole world of awesome is about to unlock for me. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment